Voting for the VSA 2021 Council Election
31 August – 30 September 2021
On 31 August current VSA members will receive an email with a unique combination of Voter ID + Voter Key to enable each member to cast vote online through Election Runner.
The following VSA members are entitled to one vote:
- Current In-country volunteers
- Accompanying partners to current In-country volunteers
- Current E-volunteers
- Current Honorary Members
- Accompanying partners to Honorary Members
- Life Members
- Current Financial Members on an Individual Subscription
The following VSA members are entitled to two votes:
- Current Financial Members on a Family Subscription will be able to place two votes, regardless of the number of family members. They will receive two unique Voter ID + Voter Key combinations and will place one vote per unique Voter ID. Please login on Election Runner with each Voter ID + Voter Key combination at the time.
Are you a member?
Please ensure your membership is current so you are recorded as a Financial Member. To renew, please click here. If you are unsure about your membership status, please contact us before 30 August 2021.
Eligible VSA 2021 Council Election voters must belong to one of the following Membership categories:
- Financial Membership (Individual Subscription): An Individual Member is a person who at the start of the Financial Year (1 July) elects to pay the Individual Subscription.
- Financial Membership (Family Subscription): Family Members are two or more individuals from the same family who have not elected Individual Membership, and at the start of the Financial Year (1 July) elect to pay the Family Subscription.
- Honorary Membership: Volunteers and their accompanying partners are awarded Honorary Membership status on completion of their period of service abroad. They are Honorary Members for the remainder of the Financial Year of their return to New Zealand and subsequently until the end of the following Financial Year. Current Honorary Members must have returned from assignment on or after 1 July 2020.
- Life Membership: A Life Member is an individual appointed by a General Meeting on the recommendation of VSA Council for outstanding service to VSA.
- Current In-country volunteers and accompanying partners
- Current E-volunteers
This year twelve nominations have been received and there are four vacancies to be filled in accordance with the VSA Constitution, which requires those sitting members to either stand down or seek re-election. VSA Members will vote from 31 August – 30 September 2021(GMT+12:00 Auckland, Wellington). Election results will be promulgated to all VSA membership in the first week of October 2021. For more information about the role of VSA’s Council, click here.