We are currently recruiting for one staff position.
As Programme Manager, based in Kokopo (East New Britain, Papua New Guinea), you’ll be VSA’s representative managing the delivery of a high quality international development programme within PNG. A key responsibility of this three year posting will be to lead the strategic direction of our PNG programme, with oversight from VSA’s International Programme Manager who is based in Wellington, New Zealand.
In this role, you’ll draw on your expertise in relationship-building to develop meaningful partnerships with local organisations, and then identify ways in which VSA volunteers could contribute to those partner organisations achieving their particular goals. You’ll also provide guidance and support to individual VSA volunteers, and will oversee their logistical support needs with local assistance from our PNG Country Programme Officer.
This overseas posting requires an experienced manager with an adventurous spirit, who enjoys a varied role and is excited by this opportunity to experience a different culture.
To be effective in this challenging and exciting role, you’ll be a motivated self-starter with heaps of “can do” attitude and initiative, as well as:
• proven management experience across a range of areas (especially people, strategic, finance and administration)
• experience in coordinating and managing development programmes
• a tertiary qualification in international development or a related field
• sound understanding of development principles and the political, social, cultural and economic issues that are important to developing countries
• highly effective interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• the ability to relate well to people from diverse cultural and social backgrounds
• successful experience in living and working in a developing country, preferably in the Pacific.
Only people with a current passport confirming New Zealand citizenship (or New Zealand permanent residency with a multiple re-entry permit) should apply. A full employment package including language training, airfares, furnished housing, utilities subsidy, and comprehensive expatriate insurance cover will be offered in addition to salary.
Applications close at 9am on Tuesday 3 February 2015.
Application guidelines are included at the end of the Position Description.