We're looking for a great team player with all-round administrative and accounts payable skills, to provide essential support to VSA’s Wellington office.
This varied role encompasses a range of responsibilities including making payments to creditors in accordance with their credit terms, as well as making authorised reimbursements to staff, council members and volunteers, making foreign exchange conversions as required, and preparing remittance advices.
Our ideal Finance Assistant candidate will have experience in Accounts Payable environments and a professional and friendly approach, as well as:
• A “can do” attitude and heaps of initiative
• Excellent computer skills including data entry, spreadsheets, word processing, and email
• Sound attention to detail including good numeracy skills and an attention to detail ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency
• Experience in customer services
• Demonstrated ability at planning, organising and co-ordinating tasks to calmly manage conflicting priorities and meet multiple deadlines
• Experience of MYOB EXO
Applications close at 9am on Thursday 30 June 2016. Download the position description and application guidelines from this page for full details of how to apply for this role.
● Work with New Zealand's leading volunteer organisation
● Contract Full-time position
● Luganville based role
● Salary Vt 1.3 to Vt 1.8 million per annum
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) is New Zealand’s largest and most experienced volunteering agency working in international development. Our Kiwi volunteers share skills with people in developing countries to help them build a better future for themselves and their children.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Support the Programme Manager (Vanuatu) in the delivery of a high quality development programme through the provision of administrative, financial and logistical servicing tasks;
- Provide backup cover for the management of the programme and oversight of volunteers during absences of the Programme Manager; and
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key relationships.
Essential Selection Criteria
► Well developed administrative skills
► Proven experience of liaising with external organisations and relevant authorities
► Fluent in English and Bislama
► Training and experience in administering entitlements and maintaining financial records
► Effective computer skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and email
► Clean police record and valid driver’s licence
Desirable Selection Criteria
► Previous work experience in administration and support in a development organisation
► A understanding of the role of international NGOs in the development of Vanuatu
► Knowledge of and networks in the development sector in Vanuatu
► Tertiary education
How to Apply
Applications close 4pm 4 July 2016
All applications should go via: Consulting Vanuatu. A job description with details on how to apply is available from: http://tinyurl.com/glsc8ge