We are currently recruiting for one staff position.
VSAConnect is VSA’s alumni association for returned volunteers and their accompanying partners. Its purpose is to engage VSA’s community of returned volunteers and to draw on and nurture their skills, insights and energy – so they can continue to make a difference in New Zealand and overseas.
In this role you’ll work collaboratively with colleagues across VSA’s Wellington office, as well as with the VSAConnect Working Group (which is comprised of several returned volunteers and members of the VSA Council). Your collective focus will be on fostering a stronger and broader support base, and growing support for VSA’s development work.
This role would suit a returned volunteer with international development experience. The work is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) with some flexibility available as to the timing of your work hours.
Our ideal VSA Connect Coordinator will be a motivated self-starter with a “can do” attitude, who also has:
• a tertiary qualification relevant to the role (such as international development, marketing or communications) or equivalent relevant experience
• the energy and drive to lead VSAConnect’s ongoing development
• the skills to develop innovative ways to attract returned volunteers to engage with VSA
• a passion for, and expertise in, relationship building
• strong writing and editing skills, and experience in creating electronic and print publications
• highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with the credibility to interact effectively with a wide range of people
• project management skills and a focus on meeting deadlines
• experience in building alumni associations and/or online communities.
Applications close at 9am on Monday 16 March 2015.