We are currently recruiting for one staff vacancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a small, collaborative organisation doing meaningful work in the Pacific. The role reports to the Communications Manager, but works with staff and managers across the organisation.
As the online communications expert in our Wellington Office, you’ll take the lead on VSA’s social media, website and key enewsletters. Your main responsibilities will include day to day management of our rich social media presence, and developing strategy with the Communication Manager to drive engagement. You’ll also lead the work on our website, including developing content, web administration, monitoring and reporting, project work with external developers and staff training.
The varied role also includes managing all aspects of a bimonthly enewsletter from drafting to delivery, and you’ll coordinate with our volunteers on assignment overseas to create blogs and other website posts. Our ideal Online Communications Officer candidate will have:
• at least two years’ proven experience managing an organisation’s web and social media presence
• proven ability to analyse and interpret data to inform web and social media strategy
• strong writing and editing skills, with a knack for creating compelling copy
• a high level of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
• sound interpersonal skills – including being comfortable presenting to small groups
• a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• experience in prioritising routine and more complex tasks to meet deadlines
• experience with using content management systems (knowledge of Microsoft SilverStripe would be an advantage), and knowledge of basic HTML
• awareness and appreciation of the value of different cultural perspectives.
To apply, follow the Application Guidelines. Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 7 September.