We are currently recruiting for one staff position.
We’re looking for a great team player with all-round administrative skills, to provide essential support to VSA’s Wellington office for about 6 months while our permanent administrator is on parental leave. This varied role encompasses a range of responsibilities including assisting the Executive Assistant in supporting the CEO, event co-ordination, helping with property and security matters, maintenance of office supplies and equipment, liaising with suppliers, insurance claims processing, supporting staff recruitment processes, and day-to-day reception services and office support to the wider VSA team.
Our ideal Admin Assistant candidate will be an experienced office administrator who has a professional and friendly approach, as well as:
• A “can do” attitude and heaps of initiative
• Effective written and verbal communication skills including being able to interact well with people from all walks of life
• Demonstrated ability at planning, organising and co-ordinating tasks to calmly manage conflicting priorities and meet multiple deadlines
• Sound attention to detail coupled with good numeracy skills and pride in producing high quality work
• Excellent computing competence and confidence in producing documents and records using word processing, spread-sheeting and presentation software, and extracting data from database reports.
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) is New Zealand’s largest and most experienced volunteering agency working in international development. Our Kiwi volunteers share skills with people in developing countries to help them build a better future for themselves and their children.
Applications close at midday on Tuesday 13 January 2015. Download the position description and application guidelines above.