We are currently recruiting for two staff positions.
As VSA’s local representative based in Samoa (and reporting to the Programme Manager (Polynesia) who works out of VSA’s Wellington office in New Zealand), the Country Programme Officer is the first point of contact for our volunteers and partner organisations in Samoa.
The appointee will provide administrative, financial and logistical services to support the Programme Manager (Polynesia) in the delivery of a high quality development programme which meets the needs of VSA's partner organisations and volunteers in Samoa. The appointee will also provide on-the-ground oversight of volunteers, assist in the development and maintenance of key relationships, and support VSA’s response in the event of a local crisis/emergency.
The successful candidate for this role will be a self-starter with:
• highly effective relationship management and customer service skills
• proven organisational and administrative skills
• experience in processing and recording accounts for payment
• computing competence in word processing, spreadsheets and email
• excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interpret and translate between English and Samoan.
A relevant tertiary qualification, and a current driver’s licence and a clean police record are essential.
This position will be offered initially as a one-year contract for service for up to 40 hours per week, with hourly rate dependent on relevant skills and experience.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 29 May 2015. Interested candidates can download application guidelines and a position description on this page, or email an information request to email@example.com .